Assisting & advocating for a strong nonprofit sector
Help hundreds of nonprofits with a single donation. Your donations will be a critical part of HOPE's success in strengthening the work of nonprofits throughout the state.
By supporting our mission and purchasing from our store you can help us to strengthen Illinois' nonprofit sector and the communities they serve.
Building A Stronger Nonprofit Sector
What is Our Purpose?
Helping Others Provide Excellence (HOPE) exists to educate the public about the contributions that nonprofits make every day in our communities and to help create a better understanding about the value, importance, and impact of the sector to our state. Our specific objectives are to:
- Assist nonprofits to achieve their vital missions through an array of services to help them be ethical, results-oriented, collaborative, adaptive, sustainable, and in legal compliance;
- Advocate on public policy issues that affect the ability of all nonprofits to address their communities’ needs;
- Mobilize charitable nonprofits across the state to raise public awareness about the nonprofit sector;
- Educate nonprofit stakeholders about the valuable contributions that nonprofits make to enrich communities and the economy;
- Encourage Illinoisans to support nonprofits through volunteerism and philanthropy.
Who are Our Clients?
Nonprofits across Illinois and their staff, board members, and volunteers.
Why Support Illinois Nonprofits?
Nonprofits work in every corner of our state serving the public good―whether supporting returning soldiers, educating children, rebuilding neighborhoods, training the workforce, nursing the sick, caring for our elders, bringing the arts to wider audiences, mentoring our youth, protecting our natural resources, and so much more! Nonprofits touch the lives of every Illinoisans, every day.
- Illinois is home to 41,573+ registered nonprofits
- Nonprofits are in every community in every corner of the state
- Nonprofits provide needed services, offer ways for people to participate, and pioneer solutions to social and economic problems
- Improves the quality of life in Illinois
Nonprofits contribute to Illinois’ economic vitality
- Nonprofits employ 9% of Illinois’ private sector workforce
- Nonprofits add nearly $53 billion to the state’s economy
- Pays wages of 9.7 billion annually